In Australia lung cancer is number 1 on the killer list,
BOWEL CANCER is number 2.
This year alone some 12,800 Australians will be diagnosed with BOWEL CANCER, and around 4,750 will die of it. These are very frightening statistics. It means that 1 Australian every two hours dies from bowel cancer.
BOWEL CANCER can be prevented, or treated very successfully, if diagnosed early enough.
BOWEL CANCER begins as a polyp, which is a benign growth on the wall of the bowel, which if detected and removed can prevent bowel cancer.
ARE YOU AT RISK?
If you answer YES to 5 or more of the questions below you may well be.
- Is there a history of bowel cancer in your family?
- Are you overweight and not exercising?
- Have you lost a lot of weight quickly, and without any real reason?
- Is you diet high in fats and animal products, and low in fibre?
(fruits and vegetables)
- Do you consume alcohol on a daily basis (more than 2 glasses)?
- Do you smoke?
- Have your bowel habits changed?
- Have you seen blood / mucus in the toilet?
- Are you over the age of 50?
According to current trends 1 in 21 Australians will develop BOWEL CANCER in their lifetime. DON’T BE ONE OF THEM.
A clean colon is a healthy colon. Nothing bad can grow in a clean healthy environment, well populated will friendly bacteria.
Come see us, we can help.