Colonic Lavage Therapy may provide many benefits.
- Therapeutic improvement of muscle tone, facilitating peristalsis and benefiting a sluggish colon.
- Cleanses the entire colon from rectum to caecum, providing relief and prevention of chronic constipation.
- Facilitates the removal of stagnant faecal matter and subsequent proliferation of bacteria and their toxins, along with gas, mucus, parasites and cellular debris, allowing the colon to perform its natural functions of absorption and assimilation optimally.
- Is effective therapy for faecal impaction.
- An easy, non-chemical, completely effective way of preparing for diagnostic studies such as Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy or Barium Enema.
- An effective part of the preparation prior to bowel surgery, promoting an optimal surgical field, and potentially decreasing the risk of post-operative complications due to the presence of bacteria at the suture site.
- Extremely useful for alcohol / drug detoxification, enhancing the elimination of toxins from the colon and bloodstream.
- A very valuable therapy for those suffering from any form of malignant disease.
- Many cancer patients suffer from constipation, as a result of their disease and/or drug therapy. Colonics remove the fear of constipation.
- The elimination of internal toxins is vital in the healing process.
- Effective elimination is also beneficial in the management of pain.
During pregnancy many women suffer from constipation, resulting in lower back pain, headaches and general discomfort.
Laxatives are not the solution; they can and often do make things worse, as the laxative, which is an irritant, causes cramping and discomfort.
- Colonic Lavage is a very relaxing alternative to laxatives for both mother and baby
- It is very beneficial before arriving in the delivery suite as it eliminates the embarrassment of defecation during labour.
- Babies born to mothers, who have undertaken a series of Colonic Lavage sessions during their pregnancy, have been found to suffer less from thrush, nappy rash and cradle cap.
Paraplegics, Quadraplegics and MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
- It is essential for the wellbeing of these individuals that satisfactory bowel and bladder function be established and maintained.
- Colonic Lavage Therapy, as it gently fills the colon with pure water, is able to soften and remove impacted faecal matter, and provide relief from bowel problems associated with spinal cord injury.
- This procedure reduces the need for laxatives, suppositories and manual removal of impacted faecal matter.
- Our clinic has special facilities for these patients, with wheelchair access, lifting equipment, special parking and trained staff who are to make these clients feel at ease, as they undergo treatment.
Our Elderly Citizens
- The population of senior citizens is increasing annually, and many due to lack of exercise, poor nutrition, lack of fibre in their diet and dehydration, suffer from constipation.
- Colonic Lavage Therapy gives effective relief from constipation and the need to wear pads due to the embarrassment of leakage. It assists in the nursing home situation, where laxatives and subsequent clean-up, takes much of the nursing staff’s time.